CorreLog, Inc. Announces Major New Release of CorreLog SIEM Correlation Server Event Log Management Product
A new major version of CorreLog’s event log correlation SIEM product is now generally available. This upgrade to version 5.6.2 adds several enhancements, including filtering, reporting, increased device capacity, and performance improvements.
Naples, FL, April 20, 2016 – CorreLog, Inc., the leader in multi-platform IT security event log management, today announced a major new release for its distributed Information Security product CorreLog SIEM Correlation Server. This upgrade, version 5.6.2, is the culmination of several months of development, and includes significant new features and enhancements.
“Evolving marketplace needs and the relative enhancements our customers require, guide our development process and we’ve built this new version to align with these customer needs,” said George Faucher, CorreLog president and CEO. “Quick installation and ease of use and expansive functionality combine to make this version of CorreLog the best SIEM value in the market today.”
CorreLog Correlation SIEM Server Release 5.6.2 Details
Overall, version 5.6.2 is a major new release of the CorreLog Correlation SIEM Server integrating various new screens, performance boosts, increased device capacity, and minor fixes. Specifically, new release highlights are as follows:
- Filtering has been enhanced via a new “Reports > PDF” tab with new adapters to support different types of message formats.
- “Address Group” function has been modified to increase the number of devices per group from 50 previously to now 1,000 devices.
- New “Parse” functions have been added to provide data-normalization between multiple messages containing the same information in different formats.
- A new “Replay” mode of Query option has been added permitting a reviewer to view CorreLog log files in the “external” folder. This is useful for reviewing log data that may no longer be on the system, such as when conducting a forensic investigation when a compliance standard mandates external storage policies.
- A new “review” type user has been added to the logon access types, limiting the user’s access to the query tool only.
CorreLog Enterprise Server 5.6.2 can be installed over any current version 5.x with no special considerations. The installation package for this major release is less than 100 megabytes, and installs in just a few minutes. Customers may email CorreLog for version 5.6.2 and the CorreLog support team will contact you within 24 hours of your inquiry.
CorreLog SIEM Correlation Server version 5.6.2 is currently generally available. Changes relative to all PTFs and Service Packs in the 5.5.X versions of CorreLog SIEM Correlation Server have been rolled-up to this major release. No earlier CorreLog version or PTF should be retro-installed after installing this update. More information on CorreLog products can be found at CorreLog.com. Customers may access the support portal at CorreLog.com/support.
CorreLog, Inc. is the leading independent software vendor (ISV) for cross-platform IT security log management and correlation. Our solutions provide the best-in-class, real-time event log management across both distributed (Windows/UNIX/Linux) and mainframe platforms (IBM z/OS). Event Log management is ready-format for any name brand enterprise SIEM (Security Information & Event Management) correlation servers.
CorreLog’s flagship product, SIEM Agent for z/OS, is the first real-time z/OS event monitoring solution available, converting mainframe security events such as RACF, ACF2, Top Secret, and DB2 accesses into syslog events compatible with enterprise SIEM systems. CorreLog’s SIEM Agent has been designed to comply with standards set forth by PCI DSS, HIPAA, IRS Pub. 1075, SOX, GLBA, FISMA, NERC, and many other regulatory standards. For more information on CorreLog products, please visit www.correlog.com.
Copyright © 2016, CorreLog, Inc. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and registered trademarks used herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Tony Perri, CorreLog Marketing & PR
Office: (239) 514-3331, xt. 406